Community events (also called DIY events) are events organized by a third party that benefit the National MS Society. They can range from small events organized by an individual to a special benefit day hosted by a local business. See below for more information about hosting your own event, a new online tool to help with your event, and some existing community events you may want to support.
Host Your Own Event
Every year hundreds of people host their own event to raise funds for the National MS Society. The process is easy, we just ask that you follow our Community Event Organizer guidelines and fill out and return the Community Event Application. Once we receive and approve the application, we’ll send you a special logo you can use to promote your event.
If you need some ideas to get you started hosting your own Community Event, consider some of the following:
- Hold a garage sale. Ask friends and family to donate items.
- Stage a silent auction. Ask stores to donate, such as $10 worth of dry cleaning, a book of five car washes, free sandwiches or drinks, or free coffee. Set minimum pledge limits.
- Hold a dinner party with a special theme for 10 friends. Donations could be $50 per person. Spend no more than $20 per person on food and you’ll have more than $300.
- Put collection jars out around your office (be sure to ask management first).
- Host a Bowl-a-Thon... Spare time Family Fun Center in Roy is excited about working with you!
- Put up a lemonade stand at work or in your neighborhood.
- Get together with a few people for a pot luck and invite friends or coworkers for a suggested minimum donation.
- Hold a pie raffle. Ask friends to bake pies. Set a minimum of $5.
- Conduct a mow-a-thon. Get your kids involved and declare a weekend where you’ll mow your neighbor’s lawns for $50 (or whatever amount you want to set)
Ask area artists or creative friends to donate art or jewelry that you can raffle.
New Online DIY Fundraising Tool & Logo Available
Our easy online fundraising tools are now available for use by organizers of third-party community events that benefit the National MS Society. These community events are separate from what teams do for Walk MS and Bike MS.
Click here to access the DIY online tool and start your own DIY fundraising event today!
For more information on DIY fundraising or how to use the online tool, contact the Volunteer Coordinator at GetInvolved@nmss.org or by calling 1.800.344.4867 (option 2).
eBay Sales Through MissionFish
You can donate a portion of your eBay sales to the National MS Society Utah-Southern Idaho Chapter! Click here for information about the eBay Giving Works program.