MS Poster -- download and customize this Word document to help you tell friends, family and coworkers that you are raising money to help Texans living with MS.
- Share the story about important MS research discoveries
Nancy Monson, Texas MS researcher (Pdf, Word doc)
- Download official email signatures, wallpaper, banners, IM Badges, etc... CLICK HERE
- Use your existing Social media accounts to raise funds! Click here (pdf) to learn how.
- SEE how your fundraising moves the lives of Texans with MS.
- Share this moving thank you video from four individuals who share how your dollars have had direct impact in their lives.
- Online Fundraising Tools
- Fundraising Tips
- Fundraising Ideas
ONLINE FUNDRAISING TOOLS
We’ve provided easy-to-use online fundraising tools that will help you to create fundraising pages for you and your team.
Your online Participant Center will do the work for you! Email friends and family, collect donations online and track your progress. Your fundraising tools are just a click away. Start fundraising now! Click Here (pdf) to download a pdf that explains how to set up your My Participant Center page.
Step 1: Design your own Personal Page! You can change the layout of the page, write your own personal appeal, upload a photo or use one of the ones we supply. Start by viewing your Personal Page now to see what your potential donors will see.
Step 2: Make a strong personal pledge first! (link to participant center) Your friends, family and co-workers will be more apt to sponsor an event that you are committed to yourself.
Step 3: You’ve accepted the challenge! Tell everyone you know! Send reminder and solicitation emails to friends, family and co-workers about your participation in Bike MS.
Step 4: Track your individual ongoing fundraising progress and update your fundraising goal
Step 5: View reports on who & when your team members make a donation
Step 6: Send follow-up messages and thank-you emails to your supporters
Step 7: Educate yourself and your sponsors about MS.
Step 8: Matching Gifts: Some employers match your charitable gift so your gift may actually double in size! Don’t forget to ask your employer about your Matching Gift Program.
Here are some other fun fundraising ideas for you and your team!
- Ask people in person- this is the easiest and most effective method!
- Write a letter and start with everyone on your holiday card list
- Host a party at your home: a BBQ, a Manicures and Martini night… use your imagination! You can even invite a representative from the National MS Society to help explain the mission
- Collect change – put a piggy bank on your desk and ask everyone to empty their pockets at the end of each day
- Set a really high goal, and tell everyone you’ll do something drastic (Shave you head? Shave your legs?) if you reach it!
- Host a Bingo Night, Bowling Night, Trivia Night, Car Wash or any other event you can think of with proceeds that benefit your team!
- Casual Dress Day – Determine if your office will allow employees to dress down in return for a donation to your team
- Chili Cook-off – Charge an entry fee for the cooks, and a tasting fee for the testers!
- Golf Tournament – Hold a golf tournament where the entry fee is donated to your team
- Guest bartender – All tips from the evening go back to the team!
- Raffle or a Silent Auction– this can be held in conjunction with a dinner party or other event. Get items donated from local community businesses and friends and family members
- Host a bake sale, book sale, yard sale or sell MS wristbands