Volunteers Keep Us Moving!
The success of Bike MS depends on volunteers like you. We could not have this ride without you!
Each volunteer’s contribution -- large or small -- is critical to the success of the event.
Register today and become a volunteer.
Here are some examples of some of our volunteer opportunities. We hope you can join us October 9-10!
If you have any questions or need additional information, contact Carrie Dahlquist. Some volunteer positions require a criminal and/or DMV background check.
- Amateur Radio/HAM Operators: Provide communications during the ride. (Click here for more information)
- Bike Check-In/Check-Out: Check in or check out bikes, organizing them by rider numbers and carefully storing them in lock-up areas. Moderate lifting is required.
- Bike Loading Team: Pack, load and unload bikes to and from trucks. Moderate to heavy lifting is required for this work-intensive position.
- Bike Medic: Registered rider who provides route medical assistance. (Click here for more information)
- Breakpoints/Lunch Stops: Set up, take down and man breakpoints and lunch stops.(Click here for more information)
- Bus Departure: Announce bus departures and answer bus schedule questions.
- Expo: Set up, take down and provide general assistance at the Expo in Frisco.
- Face Painter: Paint creative pictures on faces at festivity sites.
- Food Service: Serve tasty food to hungry cyclists.
- Hydration Station: Stock and serve water, soda and sports drinks to participants.
- Information Booth: Answer general questions and distribute printed materials.
- Luggage Team: Assist with luggage loading, storage and retrieval at Start Line, Overnight and Finish Line locations. Moderate to heavy lifting is required.
- Motorcycle Marshal: Patrol the route, assist with Tour control, check well-being of riders, and respond to emergencies and traffic situations. (Click here for more information)
- Packet Pick-Up/Registration: Distribute rider packets, T-shirts and goodie bags to participants at Packet Pick-Ups.
- Ride Marshal: Cyclists monitor route and give guidance on rider safety, etiquette and emergencies. (Click here for additional information).
- Rovers: Assist as needed (check sites, troubleshoot problems, etc.).
- SAG Drivers: Drive Support and Gear (SAG) vans. Moderate lifting may be required. (Click here for additional information).
- Start/Finish Line Set Up & Tear Down: At Alamodome and Comal County Fairgrounds, load and unload supplies and equipment, including tables, tents, fencing, banners, scaffolding and signs. Moderate to heavy lifting may be required.
- Supply Truck and Van Drivers: Drive, load and unload trucks and vans carrying supplies, ice and refrigerated items. Moderate to heavy lifting may be required. Drivers with commercial licenses preferred.
- Team Photos: Assist photographers with team photos.
- Volunteer Check-In: Check in volunteers at booth.
- Warehouse Team: Inventory supplies, load and unload trucks, wash coolers. Moderate to heavy lifting required