Virginia Energy Assistance program now open!
Click here for more details.
Financial assistance is generally offered once a year, but other circumstances may be considered for additional assistance. Normally, anyone with MS or a caregiver living in our service area may be eligible for assistance**.
The amount of financial assistance awarded is based on need, type of assistance requested and availability of Chapter resources. The following items are required in order to review your request for assistance:
- Completed and signed Financial Assistance Application
- Documentation of the cost of the item or service for which you are seeking assistance (e.g. an estimate, a quote or bill)
- A written statement from your physician confirming diagnosis of MS (if you have not provided this to us previously)
- Insurance premiums
- Credit card debt (or any other debt)
- Legal expenses
- Doctor/Hospital bills
- Car payments/repairs
- Computers (exceptions can be made for homebound clients)
Call 1-800-344-4867 to apply or for more information.
Please allow 2-3 weeks for financial assistance forms to be processed once all required paperwork is received.*
*Some cases, especially large financial requests, may take longer due to trying to find other community resources to leverage funds.