The Cenral & Eastern Virginia Chapter is dedicated to reaching out and responding to individuals, families, and communities living with MS and to meeting them at their point of need. Among the many services and programs the Chapter provides is our Financial Assistance Program, a multi-faceted program that helps to address the specific challenges that living with MS can cause.
Financial Assistance will be considered for the following categories:
- General Emergency Assistance
- Independent Living Needs
- Home & Vehicle Modifications
- Mental Health Needs
- Physical Health Needs
- Wellness Programs
- Durable Medical Equipment /Assistive Technology
- Please note that the Chapter only provides short-term, limited, and reasonable financial assistance to individuals with MS or caregivers in the Central & Eastern Virginia service area.
- Financial assistance is generally offered once a year, but other circumstances may be considered for additional assistance.
The amount of financial assistance awarded is based on need, type of assistance requested and availability of Chapter resources.
The following items are required in order to review your request for assistance:
- Completed and signed Financial Assistance Application
- Documentation of the cost of the item or service for which you are seeking assistance (e.g. an estimate, a quote or bill)
- A written statement from your physician confirming diagnosis of MS (if you have not provided previously)
Please allow 2-3 weeks for financial assistance forms to be processed once all required paperwork is received.
*Some cases, especially large financial requests, may take longer due to trying to find other community resources to leverage funds.
- Insurance premiums
- Credit card debt (or any other debt)
- Legal expenses
- Doctor/Hospital bills
- Car payments/repairs
- Computers (exceptions can be made for homebound clients)