The Central & Eastern Virginia Chapter is proud to offer a Transportation Program.
The Transportation Program is designed to help provide those with MS with transportation assistance to and from their MS related medical appointments.
These appointments may include:
- Speech/Language Pathologist
- Chapter Self-Help Groups
- Chapter Programs
(Tickets are not supplied for grocery shopping, salon appointments, and the like.)
Please note the following guidelines:
- The individual must be a person with MS and a member of the Central & Eastern Virginia Chapter.
- Client will make arrangements directly with desired company. NMSS may help facilitate this process if client is unable to do so.
- Client must complete available public transportation applications as a first line option before private transportation will be considered. Exceptions will be considered for urgent matters.
- Clients must not have access to Public Transortation options, including Accessible Transportation, in order to access private transportation, which are not urgent.
- All transportation paid for by the chapter must be pre-arranged and authorized by chapter staff. The chapter requires 10 days advance notice to arrange transportation.
- Those who need personal care assistance should bring a companion. Companions are not provided by the chapter.
- Payment will be made directly to the transportation company. Transportation costs already paid for will not be reimbursed.
- The individual must complete the Central & Eastern Virginia Chapter Financial Assistance application.
- A written statement or prescription from treating physician is needed confirming MS diagnosis and need for medical transport, as applicable.
Please contact the Chapter at 804-353-5008, 757-490-9627, or 1-800-FIGHTMS with any questions or to arrange transportation assistance.