Until a cure is found, the VA CAN and MS activists across the country are currently pursuing:
- Health care reform
- Improved community resources
- Disability rights
- Long-term care resources
- Access to quality health care services
- Increased funding for MS research
- Accessible, affordable health insurance
- Accessible transportation
- Accessible and affordable housing
- Sensible budget reductions
In Washington, DC, we are working toward positive legislative change. Read about our federal priority MS issues.
Read the National Health Care Reform Principles. These principles help guide our role in the national health care reform debate and determine the Society's policy priorities.
Here in Virginia, we are lobbying our state legislators for policies that improve the lives of people with MS. Read our current policy platform to learn about our priority issues.
The VA CAN also works to address local issues such as building accessibility, fair hiring practices, accessible transportation and other rights for people with disabilities.