MS happens to families, not just to individuals. When a person is diagnosed with MS, there is immediate impact on all who love them.
The Hampton Roads Chapter offers an extensive variety of programs, services and resources for you and your family. These resources can be accessed in person, online, by phone and by mail. To learn more, contact an MS Navigator at 757-490-9627 option 2 or e-mail info@fightMS.com. Families can count on the National MS Society.
Such support and resources include:
- Emotional Support: Connect with others.
- Caregivers Need Care Too! webpage
- Financial Assistance: Access financial support for the family’s basic needs such as shelter and utilities.
- Financial Planning: Obtain assistance with everything from basic family budgeting to long-term financial planning.
- Education: Attend an educational program, listen to one of our recorded teleconferences, or read our materials specially geared for families.
- Social and Recreational Programs: Engage and connect with other families with similar experiences at our annual Walk MS Events or family fun days.