People all over the nation will be moving it during our sixth annual MS Awareness Week, catapulting our movement toward a world free of MS. There are so many ways for you to take action and spread the word. Let’s get planning, together!
Fun Ways to Raise Awareness:
- Invite your friends and family to become a fan of the National MS Society, Hampton Roads Chapter on Facebook or Twitter
- Conduct a Facebook campaign asking your friends to dedicate their status or profile picture to the cause
- Gather a group of friends outside of a prominent place and splash the area with orange pom-poms and signs announcing MS Awareness Week
- Wear our signature orange throughout the week
- Conduct a “Wear Orange ” day at your work or school
- Eat Orange food – pack your lunch, your kid’s lunches, your dining room table with carrots, sweet potatoes, Clementine’s, and of course oranges
- Use orange fonts on your computer (don’t forget to download and use an MS Awareness Week Email Signature)
- ...Or think of your own creative MS Awareness activity (Don’t forget to share your great ideas with us; post your ideas on our facebook page.)
WHAT WILL YOU DO TO ENGAGE, CONNECT, INSPIRE, AND RAISE AWARENESS?
Don't forget to share your great ideas with us. Post your ideas on our facebook page:
For MS Awareness Week resources including digital downloads, tools and resources, and other great ideas check out the MS Awareness Week website.
What can you do with Digital Downloads?
- Use one of the MS badges as your profile picture on Facebook, MySpace and more.
- Include one of our E-Mail Signature Images in all your emails leading up to and during MS Awareness Week
Do you have a web site? Download and post an MS Awareness Week web banner on your site and then forward it to everyone you know who has a website. Ask them to post the banner during MS Awareness Week.
(Remember to have the URL click back to www.nationalMSsociety.org)
- Use one of our MS Awareness Week wallpapers
- Donate your status updates on Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter to MS Awareness Week!
People are coming together to share, educate and build awareness about what MS means to them. Together, we are a powerful movement, working to create a world free of MS. Share, connect and raise awareness.
On the first day of MS Awareness Week (March 14, 2011), members of the National MS Society, Hampton Roads Chapter gathered at Thalia Lynn Baptist Church (next to Princess Anne High School) in Virginia Beach, VA to decorate this prominent spot with one orange flag for everyone who lives with multiple sclerosis in the Hampton Roads Chapter's territory.
Thank you to everyone who came out and publicly showed your support for the MS Movement. We are proud of your effort to BE BOLD and spread awareness about this unpredictable disease.
Learn about “How to Manage Challenging MS Symptoms on the Job”
Multiple sclerosis can have a significant impact on every aspect of life, including the world of work. As part of our Employment Teleconference Series, we are pleased to present you with this very important topic during MS Awareness Week.
In conjunction with MS Awareness Week, Team Week for the Bike MS, Walk MS and Challenge MS is March 13-20. We will have prizes for the teams that have the highest percentage of participant recruitment. To help you recruit, registration during Team Week for Bike MS is $30 plus accommodations (the regular registration price is $45!); for Challenge Walk MS is $30 plus accommodations (regularly $45); and of course, Walk MS is FREE!
If you are interested in starting a team, please visit the event section of our website or click on the event below. The first person to register the team becomes the Team Captain. It only takes four or more people to make a team, so recruit friends to join you from your workplace, school, religious organization, or other group.
You don’t have to join a team to participate in our events! You can ride or walk with a friend! And we’re always looking for volunteers! For more information, call the Chapter at 757-490-9627.