NORFOLK ADMIRALS MS AWARENESS NIGHT: A GREAT SUCCESS!
Thank you to everyone who came out to the first Norfolk Admirals MS Awareness Night! Over 300 people joined together to kick off March, the month of MS Awareness. There was a great sea of orange in the stands and the Admirals had a 6-2 victory!
FLAG DOWN MS: MARCH 11 @ 5-6:30 PM (SOUTHSIDE & PENINSULA LOCATIONS)
Because EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS, the chapter would like to invite you to join us as we put together a visual display to spread awareness about MS. At Flag Down MS, we will CONNECT and decorate a prominent location on the Southside and Peninsula with one orange flag for everyone who lives with MS in the Hampton Roads Chapter territory.
What does 2,830 look like? TOO MANY!
Southside: Thalia Lynn Baptist Church—4392 Virginia Beach Boulevard, Virginia Beach, VA 23462
Peninsula: Boulevard Park—Corner of J. Clyde Morris Blvd. & Warwick Blvd., Newport News, VA 23601
For more information, contact Robyn Hirsch at 757-490-9627 x46208 or email@example.com.
JOIN US AT GORDON BIERSCH FOR THEIR GRAND REOPENING!
Join us on March 13 from 7:30-10:30 pm as Gordon Biersch celebrates their Grand Reopening! They will be auctioning off artwork from the restaurant and tapping a barrel of Blonde Bock with proceeds to benefit the Hampton Roads Chapter.
Peace Frogs is proud to introduce their “MS Gets on My Nerves” MS frog to help raise awareness. Purchase your t-shirt through our special Hampton Roads Chapter link and 15% of the proceeds come back to the chapter.
MANY WAYS TO JOIN
No matter where you live, what you do and who you are, there are lots of ways to participate in MS Awareness Week. We’ve collected ideas nationwide to share what people have done to raise awareness of MS, but MS Awareness Week is also about expressing your own unique experience of the disease.
Here are some ways to get involved:
- Contact your legislators and urge them to support issues of importance to you and the MS community. Sign up at www.nationalMSsociety.org/MSActivist.
- Sign up for our monthly MS eNEWS at www.nationalMSsociety.org/signup for the latest on research, legislation and more that impacts people living with MS.
JOIN AN EVENT
- Join us March 12 at Ruby Tuesday (4488 Va. Bch. Blvd., VB) for a special Community Give Back Night to benefit the Hampton Roads Chapter. Please note, you need to present the required flyer.
- Join us March 23 at Ruby Tuesday (2757 Godwin Blvd., Suffolk) for a special Community Give Back Night to benefit the Hampton Roads Chapter. Please note, you need to present the required flyer.
- Learn about Bike MS, Walk MS, and other events taking place by visiting our fundraising events page.
- Or visit DoItYourselfMS.org to find out how to create your own DIY event.
- Connect with others to raise awareness at www.MSconnection.org.
- Raise MS aWEARness by wearing orange. You could even organize a “Wear Orange” day at your work or school. Need some more orange? Visit the National MS Society store.
- Conduct a Facebook campaign asking your friends to dedicate their status or profile picture.
- Invite your friends and family to become a fan of the Hampton Roads Chapter on Facebook (www.facebook.com/NMSSHRC).
- Gather a group of friends outside of a prominent place and splash the area with orange pom-poms and signs announcing MS Awareness Week.