Many avenues of assistance are available for you as a veteran with service-connected MS. Utilize the tips and resource list below to maximize your benefits.
- Enroll in your local VA Medical Center. For this you will need a copy of your military discharge or DD Form 214 and VA Form 10-10EZ.
- Ask for an appointment with the neurology clinic's social worker or the rehab clinic social worker to better coordinate the details of your care.
- Review and update medical and legal aspects of your life.
- Keep a journal or notebook of your symptoms, noting duration and severity, and any limitations imposed by your MS.
- Keep questions for your healthcare providers in the same notebook and take it with you to all medical appointments. This information could help support a case for future rating increases.
- For more information about health care benefits for veterans with multiple sclerosis visit here.