When MS Activists work together, we get results. Success is when people with MS and those connected to the cause speak out on issues important to them, ask for change, and work with public officials to address them in a positive way.
Thanks to MS Activists, we have successfully:
- Lobbied insurance companies to expand access to disease modifying therapies for those living with MS
- 2010: Passed legislation that lowers the cost of expensive durable medical equipment
- 2011: Passed legislation in Washington that makes it easier for physicians who specialize in MS care to get their full medical license
- 2012: Avoided budget cuts that would have eliminated health care for hundreds of people living with MS in Washington
- 2012: In Alaska, passed HB 218, which allows more consistency in pricing for prescription medications
- 2012: Pushed regulations that ensured insurance plans would cover MS drugs
Expect to hear more success stories as we move closer to a world free of MS.