Providing Quality Care to People with MS
People with MS in long-term care facilities deserve the best care available from educated CNA staff who can understand the person as well as the disease. The National MS Society has developed a Quality MS Care Toolkit for long-term care staff.
The Quality MS Care Toolkit is designed to assist professionals with meeting the needs of residents diagnosed with MS in long-term care facilities. This program will increase the facility staffs’ understanding of MS, helping them feel more comfortable with serving this population. The Toolkit can be modified by facility staff to serve as an in-service of variable length, whether self-guided or led by a staff member or other medical professional.
We offer a range of other support services to long-term facility staff and their residents living with MS.
Services offered to facility staff:
Quality MS Care Toolkit, which includes:
- “Providing Quality Care to People with MS” training video (17 minutes) - click here
- Slide presentation, with notes - (Power Point version) (PDF version)
- “10 Hints for Quality Care” handout - click here
- Training test - click here
Training evaluation form - click here
We appreciate your feedback. Please send completed evaluation forms to:
Gregg Robinson, Connections Manager
National MS Society
192 Nickerson Street #100
Seattle, WA 98109
- For a clinical evaluation with an MS Specialist, please email the Professional Resource Center at email@example.com.
- Professional Resource Center (PRC): a support network for healthcare professionals who care for people with MS.
- Chapter website and newsletter: up-to-date information about research developments, programs, and events throughout the Chapter.