Getting what you need, when you need it
Nobody knows you better than you do. We want to give you the tools, knowledge and confidence to help you make decisions concerning your needs, your opportunities and your rights. Life with MS is different for every person, every day, but here are a few examples where an MS Navigator can help you be your own best advocate:
- What you need to know when newly diagnosed
- Treatment options and symptom management strategies
- Accessing optimal health care
- Meeting workplace challenges
- Understanding benefits such as health insurance
- Handling financial challenges and planning for the future
- Facing challenges with a caregiver
- Finding help in the home
- Managing life changes
- Locating resources in your community
Call 1-800-344-4867 and press option 1 to connect with an MS Navigator.
Want to read more about specific self advocacy topics?
- Get answers to your employment questions, wherever you are in the employment game.
- Understand your health insurance and get help thinking through all of your options.
- Find housing and long term care resources in your area.
- Check out the Self Advocacy Resource Guide to learn about effective practices and communication styles for you to best represent yourself and your interests throughout your life.