What is an MS Ambassador?
MS Ambassadors are a group of dedicated volunteers that spread the word about MS and the programs and services offered by the Greater Northwest Chapter. These volunteers educate, engage and encourage others to Join the Movement to create a world free of MS.
MS Ambassadors expertly represent the Society’s movement toward a world free of MS by mobilizing the community and increasing public understanding, awareness and education of MS. Ambassadors have a variety of responsibilities, including:
- Educating the general public about MS, the Society and Chapter activities by participating in local health fairs, visiting community/civic groups, public speaking opportunities and media appearances.
- Attending Chapter programs, fundraising events, and Walk MS and Bike MS team fundraisers/kick-offs to talk about the Society and Greater Northwest Chapter.
- Advocating locally and nationally for issues that impact the MS community.
- Recruiting new volunteers and participants for Chapter activities.
- Participating in MS Awareness Week activities.
To see what our current MS Ambassadors are working on, please visit the MS Ambassador Portal where you’ll find all the resources and information available to them.
MS Ambassador Trainings are held quarterly at our Seattle office. This session will teach you more about MS and the National MS Society, provide you with informational materials and teach you how to effectively tell your story. If you are interested in attending, please contact Volunteer Manager Lauren Spero at email@example.com or 800-344-4867, press 2, then ext. 40241.
If you are interested in becoming an MS Ambassador, please fill out the Volunteer Interest Form.
Meet with elected officials in your area to raise awareness of laws that impact the MS community and use your voice to advocate on behalf of those living with multiple sclerosis. For more information about our activism efforts, please visit the Advocacy section of our website.
If you are interested in becoming an MS Activist, please fill out the Volunteer Interest Form.
Looking to fill a few hours each week or month with a meaningful activity? Consider volunteering at one of the Chapter offices to provide office or administrative support. Lend your skills to help with mailings, data entry, filing, stuffing packets, phone calls, etc., please complete our Volunteer Interest Form.
For a list of office locations, please click here.
A professional volunteer is a volunteer who does one or more of the following:
- Takes charge of a project, program, event, training, or serves on a committee
- Shares their professional skills in areas such as finance, technology, law, marketing, etc.
- Coordinates their assignment and is accountable for its success
- Communicates the details of their assignment and serves as a resource for other volunteers
- Organizes, leads and inspires volunteers before, during and after their assignment
- May initiate new projects
Do you have skills that you’d like to use to benefit the National MS Society? Please fill out the Volunteer Interest Form.
If you have questions or are looking for more information about any of these positions, please contact Volunteer Manager Lauren Spero at firstname.lastname@example.org.