Donate to the Society on Your Income Tax Form.
Help improve the quality of life and ensure continued independence for Wisconsinites diagnosed with multiple sclerosis by designating a donation to the Society on your Wisconsin income tax form. Equally important, ask your family members, friends, neighbors and co-workers to do the same.
More Critical Now than Ever
The Make a Mark for MS program takes on even greater importance now as recent legislative changes will limit the number of participating nonprofit organizations to 10 – and going forward only the top eight organizations (based on total dollars generated through the program) will be retained from year-to-year. (The two lowest-generating organizations will be moved off the list and two new nonprofit participants will be added.)
The Make a Mark for MS program is critically important for those in Wisconsin diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. Over the course of the program’s history, more than $500,000 has been generated – representing more than half of the Chapter’s entire financial assistance budget. Without these funds, the Society’s ability to respond to the financial assistance needs of Wisconsin’s more than 10,000 individuals diagnosed with MS will be severely impacted. Economic conditions over the past few years have led to a decline in donations at the exact time when the need for financial assistance has grown stronger. Read past Make a Mark articles.
What Your Donation Provides
Examples of the types of financial assistance the Make a Mark for MS program makes possible include:
- Aquatic therapy to maintain strength
- Accessible vehicle modifications to support greater freedom
- Orthotic equipment to improve walking ability
- Widening doorways in homes to make them wheelchair accessible
- Adaptive computer software to allow clients to work at home
- Installation of bathroom grab bars, wheelchair ramps, wheelchair lifts and other home modifications to provide client independence
- In-home arm- and leg-strengthening therapy to maintain mobility
- Air conditioner units to reduce the impact of the summer heat
In addition to a thoughtful and thorough review of each application, every effort is made to identify and secure donated and/or discounted services and products to ensure that each dollar donated through the tax check-off program goes as far as possible to serve as many as possible.
|For more information, to apply for funding or to find out how you can help promote the Make a Mark for MS program, please email info.wisMS@nmss.org.|