The Mediasite Player allows you to watch live or on-demand multimedia presentations with your favorite web browser. Watching a presentation using the Mediasite Player is virtually the same as being in the room with the presenter. Keeping pace with the presentation is easy because video, audio and visual aides are synchronized in real time as the presenter speaks. The Mediasite Player lets you navigate and adjust the video and slide show portions of a presentation based on your preferences. You can also interact with the presenter through polls and Q&A.
Presentations start automatically when you open the Mediasite Player. If the presentation is live you can join before it begins or after it has started.
- Microsoft® Windows 2008, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2003
- Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1 or later, Firefox® 2.0 or later, or Google™ Chrome 1.0
- Windows Media® Player 9.0 or later
- Microsoft Silverlight 3.0 or later, if using Mediasite’s new Silverlight Players*
- Mac OS X 10.4.8 or later
- Safari™ 2.0.4 or later or Firefox 2.0 or later
- Microsoft Silverlight 3.0 or later if using Mediasite’s new Silverlight Players or Silverlight 1.0 or later if using Mediasite’s classic Players*
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10, openSUSE 11.0 or later, Ubuntu 8.04, or Fedora Core 9
- Firefox 2.0 or 3.0 depending on Linux operating system
- Moonlight™ 1.0
- Microsoft Media Pack for Moonlight
*If Mediasite does not detect Silverlight on your computer when viewing a presentation, you will be automatically prompted to install the plug-in. Silverlight only needs to be installed once and will then be available for watching any future Mediasite presentations.
All Web forum registrants will be able to ask questions live – a selection of which will be answered during the live discussion. We will do our best to answer as many questions as possible. Register now for the April 14 live Web forum, 12 p.m. ET.
Back to top