Virtual MS State Action Days Allow MS Activists to Make Their Voices Heard Across the Country
June 10, 2021
In 2021, virtual MS State Action Day events were held in 22 states and included a training webinar, live kickoff celebration, and opportunities to connect with legislators through email, social media, and phone calls.
Society staff, MS Activists, policy experts, and elected officials shared stories and information on training calls and kickoffs, empowering MS Activists to advocate for important issues including access to affordable MS medications, comprehensive health coverage, medical cannabis, mental health, and more.
By the numbers:
- More than 2,200 MS Activists participated in MS State Action Days
- Over 3,400 connections were made with lawmakers through email, twitter, and phone calls
- 680 people joined the MS Activist Network for the first time thanks to 200 people sharing action items on social media and asking friends and family to take action
- 481 people attended MS State Action Day Kickoffs
- 534 people attended or watched training webinars to learn about our policy priorities and digital activism
Information about 2022 MS State Action Days will be shared on our website and through email. Please contact email@example.com
with any questions, and learn more about MS State Action Day on our website
Multiple sclerosis is an unpredictable disease of the central nervous system. Currently there is no cure. Symptoms vary from person to person and may include disabling fatigue, mobility challenges, cognitive changes, and vision issues. An estimated 1 million people live with MS in the United States. Early diagnosis and treatment are critical to minimize disability. Significant progress is being made to achieve a world free of MS.