Outpatient Therapy - Assistive Technology - Wellness Programs
Enjoy quality time with others who have MS and other progressive, neurological diseases in a pleasant and supportive environment, where you can socialize, and have access to outstanding care and assistive technology. All through B.Fit! at The Boston Home.
B.Fit! group settingThe Boston Home (TBH) and the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Greater New England Chapter are excited to offer B.Fit!, an innovative, day wellness program for adults with multiple sclerosis and other advanced neurological diseases.
Participants in B.Fit!, currently living at home and in nursing homes, benefit from the education and social interaction offered at TBH. B.Fit! participants access a variety of customized programs based on their individual needs. A hot lunch is provided to all participants.
The Goals of B.Fit!
- To achieve and maintain maximum levels of independence through active exercise programs, training in compensatory cognitive strategies, health management, and educational programs.
- Promote wellness through peer support, socialization, and functional activity performance.
- Provide a safe, and socially enriching environment for all.
- B.Fit! will make you feel independent and empowered through physically, socially, and intellectually stimulating activities.
- Structured exercise, support, and educational activities.
- Referrals to community resources to maintain independence in the home.
- Social activities including current events, creative writing, and cultural outings.
Specialty Services Available by Referral
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy services, as deemed necessary by a physician.
- Assistive technology services.
- Wheelchair seating and power mobility clinic services.
How do you get started?
Any adult with a progressive, neurological disorder can apply. To get an application please call Emily Lakis to set up an in-person interview.
B.Fit! takes place at The Boston Home several days each week. Most members use the MBTA RIDE or personal transportation to get to and from B.Fit!.
The Boston Home
2049 Dorchester Ave.
Boston, MA 02124
617-825-3905 x 300
The Boston Home, Inc.
Established in 1881, The Boston Home, Inc. is a not-for-profit residence and center for care of adults with advanced MS and other neurological diseases.
The President of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society presented TBH with an outstanding service award in recognition of exemplary care of and leadership in advancing and enriching the lives of people with progressive MS.