The Henry and Ruth Blaustein Rosenberg Foundation presents the 2018 MS Wellness Retreat
The National MS Society will host a MS Wellness Retreat for individuals living with and/or affected by MS at an oceanfront location during the end of summer. This retreat will focus on one’s overall health journey and will provide tools, strategies and insights to live a full and positive life. Topics will include a plenary session on Your MS Journey – Mind, Body & Spirit and attendees will be able to choose from various interactive workshops based on their current health goals and fitness level. Join the National MS Society for this unique and inspiring event by the ocean.
When: Friday, September 21–Sunday, September 23, 2018
- Friday: Hotel check-in at 4:00pm and Retreat registration at 4:30pm and welcome dinner at 6:00pm.
- Saturday: All meals will be provided on Saturday. A half-day plenary session in the morning and afternoon interactive workshops will be conducted from 9:00am-5:15pm.
- Sunday: Breakfast begins at 8:00am and check-out from the hotel is 11:00am.
Where: Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel
10100 Coastal Highway
Ocean City, Maryland 21842
The weekend also offers:
- A welcome dinner with entertainment on Friday from 6:00pm-9:00pm.
- A Plenary Session on Saturday from 9:00am-12:00pm called Your MS Journey – Mind, Body & Spirit.
- Afternoon interactive workshops/classes such as: Adaptive Aquatics, MS Core Strengthening, Support Partner Huddle, Newly Diagnosed Breakout, Mindfulness-Yoga/Meditation, Sunrise Yoga by the Ocean, Art Therapy Room, Massage Therapy and Physical Therapy Room and much more!
- A Hawaiian themed luau party on Saturday from 6:30pm-9:30pm with music and dancing. Prizes will be given out for best dressed male and female, so come dressed in your favorite Hawaiian attire.
- Health and Wellness exhibits on both Friday and Saturday.
- Opportunity to connect with others living with and/or affected by MS and National MS Society staff.
Registration Fees and Attendee Requirements:
Priority will be given to attendees who have never attended the retreat within the last 3 years. If you have attended before in the past 3 years, you will be placed on a waiting list.
- Adults (18 and up): $130 per person; Children (encouraged age of 10 years and up): $60 per child
- Self-help group leaders: $110 per person.
- Each person living with MS can bring up to 3 guests (family members, support partners, caregivers or friends). Each person living with MS will be allocated 1 hotel room, that can accommodate 4 guests. Additional rooms can be reserved and paid for by the attendee directly with the hotel.
- All attendees are highly encouraged to attend ALL sessions.
- Registration will be open until August 15, 2018 and no other reservations will be taken after that date.
- This is a hugely popular event and we would like to accommodate as many individuals living with MS. There will be no special accommodations to large family groups.
- There will be no day passes for this event.
There are limited accessible rooms available at The Clarion. NMSS staff will assign accessible rooms based on the immediate need of the attendee. If you need an accessible room or have accessibility concerns, please call 1-800-344-4867 (option 1) to confirm availability before completing registration.
All rooms are equipped with a small refrigerator/freezer combo and ocean views.
Accessibility devices and durable medical equipment will not be provided. If you or a member of your party uses assistive equipment, you will need to bring it with you.
If you receive a standard room, the hotel can provide shower chairs or seat risers.
Come join us at the beach for the 2018 MS Wellness Retreat!
To register, call 1-800-344-4867 and select option 1. Please note that online registration is not available for this program. The registration deadline is August 15, 2018.