The Henry and Ruth Blaustein Rosenberg Foundation presents the 2019 MS Wellness Retreat
The National MS Society will host a MS Wellness Retreat for individuals living with and/or affected by MS, at the picturesque Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa and Marina. This retreat will focus on one’s overall health journey and will provide tools, strategies and insights to live a full and positive life. Topics will include an update on the latest research in MS, diet and nutrition, interactive exercise classes and other informative and fun workshops. Join the National MS Society for this unique and inspiring Fall retreat.
- Dr. Miriam Franco, LCSW, Psy.D. is a psychologist, social worker, certified Guided Imagery practitioner and a Multiple Sclerosis Specialist.
- Ms. Joan Ohayon, MSN, CRNP, MSCN is a nurse practitioner in the Neuroimmunology Branch of the National Institutes of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- Dr. Robert K. Shin is a Professor at the Georgetown University Medical Center, Department of Neurology and Director of the Georgetown Multiple Sclerosis and Neuroimmunology Center.
When: Saturday, October 26–Sunday, October 27, 2019
- Saturday: Registration begins at 9:30am and the retreat begins at 11:00am. Check-in time at the hotel is 4:00pm. Lunch and dinner will be provided.
- Sunday: Program begins at 9:00am and ends at 3:00pm. Check-out from the hotel is 11:00am. Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Where: Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa and Marina
100 Heron Blvd. at Route 50
Cambridge, Maryland 21613
Please DO NOT contact the hotel directly to make room reservations. Once you are registered through the National MS Society, a room reservation will be made for your party.
The weekend also offers:
- A yet to be determined theme dinner with entertainment on Saturday night. Prizes will be given out for best dressed male and female and couple.
- Various informative presentations and interactive workshops and classes.
- Health and wellness exhibitors on Saturday.
- Opportunity to connect with others living with and/or affected by MS and National MS Society staff and healthcare experts.
Registration Fees and Attendee Requirements:
Priority will be given to attendees who have NEVER attended the retreat within the last 3 years. If you have attended the retreat in the past 3 years, you will be placed on a waiting list.
- Adults (18 and up): $130 per person; Children: $60 (encouraged age of 10 years and up).
- Self-help group leaders: $110 per person.
- Each person living with MS can bring up to 3 guests (family members, support partners, caregivers or friends). Each person living with MS will be allocated 1 hotel room, that can accommodate 4 guests. Additional rooms can be reserved and paid for by the attendee directly with the hotel, once your registration has been accepted by the National MS Society.
- Anyone requesting additional room nights on Friday, October 25 or Sunday, October 28 can do so during the National MS Society registration. Each additional room night is between $179 (single-double), $204 (triple), $229 (quad), plus state and local taxes.
- All attendees are highly encouraged to attend ALL sessions.
- Registration will be open until October 11, 2019 and no other reservations will be taken after that date. Once the registration is full, individuals will be placed on a waiting list.
- This is a hugely popular event and we would like to accommodate as many individuals living with MS that have not attended the retreat within the last 3 years. If you have attended the retreat in the past 3 years, you will be placed on a waiting list.
- There will be no special accommodations to large family groups.
- There will be no day passes for this event.
There are limited accessible rooms available at Hyatt Regency Resort. NMSS staff will assign accessible rooms based on the need of the attendee living with MS. If you need an accessible room or have accessibility concerns, please call 1-800-344-4867 (option 1) to confirm availability before completing registration. If you request an accessible room, you will be directed to the NMSS lead of for this retreat for offline registration.
- All rooms are equipped with a small refrigerator/freezer combo.
- Accessibility devices and durable medical equipment will not be provided. If you or a member of your party uses assistive equipment, you will need to bring it with you.
Come join us at on the Chesapeake Bay for the 2019 MS Wellness Retreat!
To register, call 1-800-344-4867 and select option 1. Please note that online registration is not available for this program. The registration deadline is October 11, 2019.