Now Meeting Virtually - Contact the group leader to find out more about virtual meetings.
*Meets last Thursday of the month
To join this self-help group, please contact group leader, Michelle, at 573-465-0453 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Or contact Donna at 573-263-4896 or email@example.com.
The Chapter sponsors a network of community self-help groups facilitated by people with MS for people with MS. The groups provide an opportunity to share information, discuss common concerns, and have fun in a relaxed social setting! Members of self-help groups share a belief that positive change happens through individual efforts with the support of others.
The benefits of these groups include:
- Learning new information and strategies for confronting problems.
- Finding reassurance and support from others with similar life experiences.
- Developing personal insights and achieving personal growth.
- Guest speakers sharing their expertise.
- The opportunity to be helpful to others.
- Feeling less isolated.
- Learning to express feelings better and to be more sensitive to the feelings of others.
- Feeling empowered and more self-confident in coping with challenges.
- Developing a connection to a community and personal identification with a social group.