Institutional Clinical Training Award
Consistent with its mission to move toward a world free of multiple sclerosis, the National Multiple Sclerosis Society supports the training of physicians in the comprehensive care of people with MS. Training includes new and follow-up patient consultations and treatment under the supervision of an MS specialist physician along with participation in a multidisciplinary team, lectures and professional meetings. The goal is for fellows to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to provide the highest quality of care for individuals with MS. This is a highly competitive process and the Society plans to fund 2 institutional awards in 2022.
The mentor-institution is responsible for the recruitment, selection, and training of postdoctoral fellows to pursue a clinical career* specializing in the care of individuals with multiple sclerosis and similar disorders. The salary offered is $75,000 plus up to an additional 25% to cover fringe benefits. The term of training of each fellow is determined by the mentor based on the period of time required for the training needed for development of an independent clinician. Support for a given fellow is not usually provided for less than one year or more than three years.
- Pre-Application Open (rolling approval within 2 business days): May 18, 2022
- Pre-Application Deadline: August 10, 2022
- Application Deadline: August 17, 2022
* This award supports institutions training postdoctoral fellows intending to pursue a clinical career. To review opportunities for research fellowships, visit our Research Training Grants and Fellowships
Read program guidelines and instructions.
Go to https://nmss.fluxx.io
to initiate your online application
- Apply for a User ID and password. Allow two business days for approval.
- Complete a pre-application. Allow two business days for approval.
- Complete the application by posted deadline.
Contact Hope Nearhood, MPH, PMP at Hope.Nearhood@nmss.org