Multiple Sclerosis Clinical Care Physician Fellowship
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society offers a one year, post-residency MS clinical fellowship program designed to train board eligible/certified neurologists or physiatrists in specialized MS clinical care. The program is sponsored by the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
- Pre-applications due August 8; full applications due August 15, 5:00 pm EST
- Notification of award: Early next calendar year
- Award becomes effective: July 1
Residents who have or will have received training in neurology or physiatry in the United States, and who are in the PGY3 or PGY4 stage or beyond, are eligible to apply. The Society plans to fund up to 10 fellowships in this cycle. Applications are reviewed via a competitive process. Residents whose career plans include working with underserved populations or in rural areas are particularly encouraged to apply.
This 12-month program for board eligible/certified neurologists or physiatrists provides fellows with the opportunity to perform new patient consultations and follow-up evaluations under the supervision of an MS specialist physician. Fellows will also participate in multidisciplinary team activities, lectures, and professional meetings, leading to the acquisition of skills and knowledge necessary to provide the highest quality of care for individuals with MS.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to arrange the proposed training with an appropriate mentor and institution. The stipend offered is $65,000, payable to the institution, to cover salary, fringe benefits, and administrative costs.
Download the clinical fellowship program flyer (.pdf)
- Read program guidelines and instructions.
- Go to https://nmss.fluxx.io to initiate your online application
- Apply for a User ID and password. Allow two business days for approval.
- Complete a pre-application. Allow two business days for approval.
- Complete the application by posted deadline.
- Contact Kathleen Costello, MS, ANP-BC, MSCN at Kathleen.Costello@nmss.org