Multiple Sclerosis Clinical Care Physician Fellowship
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society offers a one year, post-residency MS clinical* fellowship program designed to train board eligible/certified neurologists or physiatrists in specialized MS clinical care. Applicants who will spend the majority of their time in either adult or pediatric MS care are encouraged to apply.
This application is currently closed. The application is expected to reopen mid-May 2024.
- Pre-Application Open (rolling approval within 2 business days): CLOSED
- Pre-Application Deadline: CLOSED
- Application Deadline: CLOSED
Residents who have or will have received training in neurology or physiatry in the United States, and who are in the PGY3 or PGY4 stage or beyond, are eligible to apply. Applications are reviewed via a competitive process. Residents whose career plans include working with under-resourced populations or in rural areas are particularly encouraged to apply.
This 12-month program gives fellows the opportunity to perform new patient consultations and follow-up evaluations under the supervision of an MS specialist physician. Fellows will also participate in multidisciplinary team activities, lectures, and professional meetings, leading to the acquisition of skills and knowledge necessary to provide the highest quality of care for individuals with MS.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to arrange the proposed training with an appropriate mentor and institution prior to applying. The stipend offered is $75,000, payable to the institution, to cover salary, fringe benefits, and administrative costs.
*This is an MS clinical care fellowship. To review opportunities for research fellowships, visit our Research Training Grants and Fellowships page.
- Read program guidelines and instructions.
- Go to https://nmss.fluxx.io to initiate your online application
- Apply for a User ID and password. Allow two business days for approval.
- Complete a pre-application. Allow two business days for approval.
- Complete the application by posted deadline.