The National MS Society Accepts Research Applications Through its Apply Online System
The following changes to the Society’s application procedures have been implemented:
• A new grants management system called MSGrants has been implemented for preparation and submission of research proposals to the Society. MSGrants can be found at https://nmss.fluxx.io
• Compatible browsers include Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Internet Explorer is not fully compatible and should be avoided. Check with your IT department for information on installing one of these browsers if you do not already have one.
• Passwords for accessing the site never expire and a new password will not be needed for each cycle.
• Submission of proposals is exclusively electronic for all parts of the proposal, including institutional approval and appendix materials, and no paper copies of any part of the proposal will be sent to the Society.
• In place of the former coversheet, institutional approval by your organization to submit your application will be made electronically using the same online system.
• The application process itself consists of two parts, a short pre-application and the full application.
• The basic elements of the application remain largely unchanged but have been re-ordered and reformatted compared to our former system.
How to Register with the Apply Online System
If you do not already have a password, you will need to register and be approved for access to the Web site. Go to https://nmss.fluxx.io/ and once you are at the login page, click on “Register Now.” Complete the online registration form and submit your registration by clicking on the words “Submit Request.” This will submit your request for access to the site to the Research Programs staff of the Society. The staff will review your registration information to verify that you are qualified to apply for funding from the Society. If approved, you will receive an e-mail message containing your login credentials within two business days.
If you have a password for our previous apply online site, you do not need to register again, however you will need to reset your password. Go to https://nmss.fluxx.io and once you are at the login page, click on Reset or Create Password. At the next screen, enter the e-mail address that you used in the old system and click on Submit. The system will send you an e-mail with a link to reset your password. If the system does not recognize your e-mail address, you will need to register as if you are a new user.
Once you have obtained a user ID and password, go to https://nmss.fluxx.io/ and log in at the login page. Once you log in, you will be able to see which funding opportunities are active along with the deadlines for each. You will also be able to begin the preparation of your application.
In the system your password never expires and you will not need to obtain a new password to apply for other funding programs or subsequent cycles. You will be using the Web site for a variety of purposes in addition to preparation and submission of proposals. For example, progress reports will be prepared through the system as well and you will be able to view proposals that you have prepared on the system. It is important that you not share your password with others and it is not possible for two different people to apply for funding opportunities using a single password.