Resources for career guidance and work/life balance.
Careers in MS
- insight from the National MS Society
- career resources, grant writing, publishing and more from a global network for researchers in low- and middle-income countries
– A Publication from the Consortium of MS Centers Addressing the Needs of the Workforce of the Future
- news, features and advice from the Nature
Neurology Career Center
- from the American Academy of Neurology, who also provide wellness resources
to prevent burnout
- from the American Association for the Advancement of Science, featuring job search, employer profiles, working life articles
- Resources from the Society for Neuroscience
Tips for writing a strong application from the NIH
Tips for writing a research summary in plain language from the National MS Society
, the MS Society UK
, and Brigham and Women's/Harvard
Bregman, Peter. 18 Minutes: Find Your Focus, Master Distraction, and Get the Right Things Done.
Business Plus, 2011.
Covey, Stephen R. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
Turtleback Books, 2013.
Csikszentmihalhi, Mihaly. Finding Flow.
Basic Books, 1998.
Keller, Gary. The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results.
Bard Press, 2013.
Patterson, Kerry. Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High.
McGraw-Hill Education, 2011.
Sims, Peter. Little Bets: How Breakthrough Ideas Emerge from Small Discoveries.
Simon & Schuster, 2013.