American Association for the Advancement of Science
- provides tools to strengthen and diversify the science and technology workforce
International Women in Multiple Sclerosis
- A supportive and inspirational community for women and minorities working in the field of MS, features mentorship program
Enhancing the Diversity of Clinical Trial Populations
- Guidance from the FDA on Eligibility Criteria, Enrollment Practices, and Trial Designs
MS Minority Research Engagement Partnership Network
- a multi-stakeholder network that has come together to define and address the issue of racial/ethnic minority underrepresentation in MS research, features Research Professionals Toolkit
- Harvard University's non-profit organization to educate the public about hidden biases
Scientific Workforce Diversity Office
- leads NIH’s effort to diversify the national scientific workforce and expand recruitment and retention, features National Research Mentoring Network
Society for Neuroscience
- provides resources and professional opportunities for Women in Neuroscience
and Diversity Initiatives
to engage scientists of diverse backgrounds
Achieving diversity in Research
- a collection of articles from the Nature group
Perceptions and Preferences Regarding Multiple Sclerosis Research Among Racial and Ethnic Groups
(Int J MS Care, 2021).
Babcock, Linda and Laschever, Sara, Women Don't Ask: Negotiation and the Gender Divide
, Princeton University Press, 2021.
Brown, Brené, The gifts of imperfection
, Random House, 2020.
Heim, Pat, Hardball for Women
, The Penguin Group, 2005.
Shillcutt M.D., Dr. Sasha K., Between Grit and Grace
, Health Communications, Inc., 2020.