Build connections, and make them count
First, learn how to find and connect with your public officials and other MS activists in social media. Then get talking! Make sure your messages are heard using hashtags:
- Use #MSactivist in ALL messages in Facebook and all other social media (not just Twitter).
- Use one or two additional hashtags based on importance – see below.
- If it’s important that your followers or officials know where you’re from, use your two-letter state abbreviation as a hashtag, such as #CA, #NE, #TX or #DMV (DC/Maryland/Virginia).
Register and join your State Action Day
and use social media to engage your legislators:
- #[insert your state’s two-letter abbreviation, e.g. #CA] #MS State Action Day is today! I'm an #MSactivist [include photo] them.
- @[insert legislator handle] I and other #MSactivist are looking forward to meeting today to discuss #MS priorities. Thank you!
- Thank you @[insert legislator handle] for meeting me and other #MSactivist today to discuss #MS priorities.
- Friends, please support me at #[insert your state’s two-letter abbreviation, e.g. #NY] #MS State Action Day by email [insert link]
Federal - MS research funding
MS activists urge Congress to support federal MS research funding through the National Institutes of Health and the MS Congressionally Directed Medical Research Program.
- Hashtags: #MSresearch and #NIH / @NIH or #CDMRP / @CDMRP
- .@publicofficial please support $10 mil for the MSRP @CDMRP in FY 2019 #MSresearch
- .@publicofficial please support $39.3 bil for the @NIH in FY 2019 #MSresearch
If your member of Congress signed onto the MS research funding letters, thank him/her:
- Thank you to @publicofficial for supporting #MSresearch through the MS @CDMRP
- Thank you to @publicofficial for supporting #MSresearch through the MS @NIH