Increase your chances of success by exploring all your options to submit scholarship applications. Although not an exhaustive list, below are resources that you may want to research.
Scholarship Resources Related to Multiple Sclerosis
- 800-4-FED-AID (800-433-3243) –Toll-free telephone assistance from the Federal Student Aid Information Center.
- studentaid.ed.gov/sa/ – The U.S. Department of Education's Federal Student Aid (FSA) programs are the largest source of student aid in America. Learn more about or file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Scholarship Resources Related to Chronic Illness and Disability
- The Elaine Chapin Fund - Elaine Chapin Memorial Scholarship Fund provides funds to support post-secondary education of students impacted by multiple sclerosis, either directly or as a family member.
- http://fosrx.com/wp/scholarships/ - Provides annual scholarship program that offers three different monetary awards with varying diagnoses and eligibility requirements. Multiple Sclerosis is a covered condition.
- www.theprejaxfoundation.com – provides college tuition assistance in the form of $1,000 scholarships to exceptional students who either have a parent with MS or have themselves been diagnosed with MS.
Scholarship Resources Related to Minority Groups
Scholarship Resources Related to Military and Public Service Groups
- Microsoft disAbility Scholarship – This scholarship enables high school students with disabilities to go to college and target a career in the technology industry. This scholarship will be awarded to promising high school seniors who plan to attend a vocational or academic college and have a financial need. The amount of this renewable scholarship to be awarded is $5,000 per year, up to $20,000. All completed applications must be submitted by March 1, 2019.
- www.aahd.us/initiatives/scholarship-program/ – The American Association on Health and Disability (AAHD) Scholarship Program provides scholarships for people with disabilities. Application deadline for the following academic year is November 15th.
- www.needymeds.org/scholarships.taf – Lists scholarships that are offered for students (or students with a family member) with specific medical conditions.
- www.patientadvocate.org – Scholarships for individuals pursuing undergraduate or graduate studies who have been diagnosed with or treated for cancer, a chronic, or life-threatening debilitating disease as a child or young adult.
Other Leading Scholarship Resources
- https://benefits.va.gov/gibill/ - U.S Department of Veterans Affairs link to information and resources on the GI Bill.
- www.elks.org/enf/scholars/ – High school seniors are eligible to apply. Applicants need not be related to a member of the Elks.
- mcsf.scholarshipapps.org/index.cfm – The Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation provides need-based scholarships to the children of Marines and Navy Corpsmen who attend college or career training.
- www.truman.gov – The Harry S. Truman Scholarship Foundation supports the graduate education and professional development of outstanding young people committed to public service leadership.
Scholarship Application Tips and Support Resources
- Big Future Scholarship Search (College Board) -Find scholarships, other financial aid and internships from more than 2,200 programs, totaling nearly $6 billion. Scholarship information is based on the College Board's Annual Survey of Financial Aid Programs.
- www.cappex.com/scholarships/ – Searchable database with access to thousands of additional scholarships to help students pay for college.
- www.careerinfonet.org/scholarshipsearch – Search more than 7,500 scholarships, fellowships, loans, and other financial aid opportunities in this program sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor.
- www.college-scholarships.com – A listing of more than 70 free, online scholarship search websites, listing thousands of scholarships and financial aid awards.
- www.fastweb.com – A leading online resource for finding scholarships, with a database of over 1.5 million scholarship programs.
- www.internationalscholarships.com – Searchable database of scholarships all around the world.
- www.matchcollege.com – Free college search and information site, providing information on admissions, financial aid, tuition and more on over 6,000 colleges and universities nationwide.
- www.petersons.com – Provides scholarship listings, admissions resources, test prep, and career success resources to help students and professionals reach their goals.
- www.reaganfoundation.org/education/scholarship-programs/ge-reagan-foundation-scholarship-program/ –The GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program awards scholarships to college-bound students who demonstrate exemplary leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship.
- www.salliemae.com – SallieMae, the nation's leading provider of student loans.
- www.scholarships.com – Searchable database of over 3.7 million scholarship and grant programs totaling nearly $19 billion in financial aid to help you pay for college.
- FinAid.org-The Smart Student Guide to Financial Aid provides a comprehensive source of student financial aid information, advice and tools.
- www.gocollege.com –Resources to guide students on how to finance and succeed in college.
- www.mastersdegree.com/financial-aid/ – Useful for those considering graduate-level studies, including how to choose a program and ways to alleviate educational costs.
- scholarshipamerica.org – The nation's largest nonprofit, private-sector scholarship and educational support organization.