Impactful, sustainable solutions for people affected by MS
The Edward M. Dowd Personal Advocate Program aims to increase independent living capabilities and quality of life for people affected by MS whose health and safety are compromised by limited knowledge, understanding, and/or ability to access programs and benefits. Individuals in need of this service are identified by:
Through the Edward M. Dowd Personal Advocate Program, people living with MS are connected to intensive case management services when the scope of need is complex and support systems are lacking. The trained case management professionals who understand MS can help find impactful, sustainable solutions and connections.
As a result, people affected by MS:
- Multiple, urgent issues and significant MS-related symptoms and/or disability
- Significant changes in physical or mental health, or cognition
- Inability of family or caregiver(s) to provide care or cope
- Isolation (including being homebound), living alone, or other health or safety risks
- Lack of home care, adequate housing, or other vital services
- Inability to identify needs, e.g., scattered assistance requests or signs of being overwhelmed
- Imminent potential of admission to a long-term care facility
- Can rely on a supportive partner and have the best information to make life choices
- Can powerfully advocate for what they need, when, and how they need it
- Have expanded healthcare solution choices
- Have hope and optimism for the future by being equipped with what they need to navigate the challenges of MS
If you have interest in the Edward M. Dowd Personal Advocate Program please fill out the Contact Us form. Thank you.